Minutes - Newfane Planning Commission, July 22, 2008
Present: T. Bedell, C. Berdan, G. Garbe, J. Feifel
Absent: K. Robinson
Guests: Judy Egan, Ed Druke
1. Chairman C. Berdan called meeting to order at 7:10 p.m.
2. Minutes of June 24, 2008 meeting read and accepted (4-0).
3. With no set agenda, discussion was wide-ranging and touched on a
variety of topics, with members of public joining in:
--Both J. Egan and G. Garbe introduced memos concerning the effort
to create a general store at the Williamsville Grange, both critical
of the way the matter has been handled to date.
--J. Feifel asked that it be on the record about the history at 335
Depot Road—that the owner had a flat roof put on, the roof collapsed,
and a second floor went up. While there was a permit to repair the roof,
there was not one to put up a second floor. “Why was the permit
to build the second floor turned down, and why did it go up now?”
C. Berdan asked if this (and other matters) could brought up with
the Zoning Administrator, and it was decided to invite her to the next
4. The Zoning Bylaw hearing has been scheduled for September 4. Some
discussion about how to conduct the meeting.
5. Motion to adjourn made and accepted.
Meeting adjourned at 7:49 p.m.
Agenda for next meeting, August 12, 7:00 pm
1. Questions for Zoning Administrator regarding 335 Depot Road, Lot
F-105 and permits regarding that. And any comments regarding the Williamsville
2. To consider any business that may come before the Planning Commission.
Tom Bedell, Secretary
--August 12, 7:00 p.m. – Regular meeting
--August 26, 7:00 p.m. – Regular meeting