Meetings are held at the Town Office
Minutes - Newfane Planning Commission, July 12, 2005, 7:00 p.m.
Present: T. Bedell, J. Feifel, G. Garbe, K. Robinson, J. Spencer
Absent: J. Borta
1. Chairman Jim Spencer called meeting to order at 7:00
2. Minutes of June 28, 2005 meeting read and approved. (5:0)
3. A moment of silence was observed for late member David Clarkson, followed by a period of reminiscences and reflection and about Clarkson’s dedication to the town and the Planning Commission. G. Garbe said he would try to corral information from varied sources the way David used to.
4. J. Spencer nominated G. Garbe as vice-chairman, seconded by J. Feifel, carried unanimously.
5. It was noted that the first Selectboard meeting in September would be the latest for the grant deadline. It was deemed better to aim a proposal for the meeting of August 18. G. Garbe said he would try to get it on the agenda.
6. At the Selectboard meeting on July 7, approval was given for a computer purchase, with the contingency of letting the Zoning Administrator use it. [See minutes of SB] J. Spencer suggested buying him an inexpensive (around $500) computer out of PC funds to avoid any possibility of infection or misuse.
J. Spencer suggested that he would like to research with Windham Regional what the options are, and then proceed with the alternate plan if necessary, and look into what a good computer would cost for Zoning Administrator. He said he’d try to have this ready by the next meeting. The PC members were all in favor.
7. Tom will invite ZB Administrator Rick Sullivan to the July 26th meeting to keep open line of communications.
8. Tom will finish off Zoning Bylaws revisions and disseminate to PC members.
9. Tom will call Mary Ann Clarkson at an appropriate time and try to set up meeting with Jim, to pay condolences and see if David had useful items on hand for PC.
10. Member Schedules: G. Garbe will miss the 7/26 meeting; T. Bedell and J. Feifel will miss the 8/9 meeting.
Meeting adjourned at 7:45 p.m.
Tom Bedell, Secretary
Agenda for next meeting, July 26, 2005, 7 pm
1. Grant application.
2. Zoning administrator.
3. Finished Zoning bylaws review.
4. To consider any business that may come before the Planning Commission
Route 30, P.O. Box 36, Newfane VT 05345, Tel. (802) 365-7772
Please send all comments, suggestions and questions to email@example.com