Minutes - Newfane Planning Commission, Public Hearing, June
24, 2008, 7:00 p.m.
Present: T. Bedell, C. Berdan, G. Garbe, J. Feifel,
Guest: Ed Druke, Tony Fratino
Public Hearing for purposes of final review of the Draft Zoning Bylaw
revisions prior to passage onto the Selectboard.
1. Chairman C. Berdan called meeting to order at 7:02 p.m.
2. E. Druke notes a variety of wording changes he feels necessary,
and members suggest other grammatical, technical changes and some minor
G. Garbe notes that Shannon M. is absent until Monday, will have to
wait until then for fair copy.
C. Berdan asks if any of the public has further comments, concerns,
3. K. Robinson says he had a call from B. Morse asking about 65% clause
in mixed uses sections. G. Garbe explains it.
4. T. Fratino has a question re grading. It’s noted that the
passage was taken out.
J. Fiefel makes a motion to accept the draft with changes made this
evening. K. Robinson seconds it. Passed 5:0.
T. Bedell makes motion that the hearing be adjourned. Seconded by G.
Garbe. Passed 5:0.
Public hearing adjourned at 7:27 p.m.
Minutes - Newfane Planning Commission, June 24, 2008
Regular meeting called to order at 7:28 p.m.
1. G. Garbe makes motion that draft of proposed Newfane Zoning Bylaws
be forwarded to Newfane Selectboard for their action. T. Bedell seconds.
Passed 5:0. C. Berdan notes that the motion to submit revised copies
to SB is passed. G. Garbe says he’ll try to see if Windham Regional
can produce a clean copy. T. Bedell to send memo to Shannon for Selectboard
re their consideration and action.
2. Miscellaneous comments.
Meeting adjourned at 7:40 p.m.
Agenda for next meeting, July 8, 7:00 pm
1. To consider any business that may come before the Planning Commission.
Tom Bedell, Secretary
--July 8, 7:00 p.m. – Regular meeting
--July 22, 7:00 p.m. – Regular meeting